Thursday, October 13, 2011

Super Mario



After doing a bunch of works by Italian artists, I decided to use something in which an Italian is the subject rather than the artist.


This is Mario, a video game character from Nintendo who has a massive video game franchise shared with his brother Luigi. Mario is an Italian-American plumber from Brooklyn, and he often joins Luigi (also a plumber) on adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom.


This work of art looks like an ink and paint drawing on paper. Mario was created by Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto in 1981. I like this work of art because I love playing Super Mario Bros. games and this work in particular is from the artwork of Super Mario Bros. 3, my favorite video game of all time. I found this through Google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment