Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flower Carrier



" The Flower Carrier" was created by Diego Rivera in 1935. This piece of work was done by oil and tempera on masonite. Within the picture, it is said that the woman behind the man, is his wife who is trying to to help him get up. According to some information I found, it was said that the man does not see the beauty in the flowers - just their value and what it will be when he makes it to the market.


The reason why I picked this particular piece of work is because I was drawn to the colors that were used. While looking up work by Diego Rivera, I found that most of his work has to do with a man carrying something on his back - this isn't the first one. Unfortunately I couldn't find the symbolism behind it and just found it very interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment